- The official Honda Shop Manual, in HTML, all cross referenced and cross-linked.
- A PDF version of the '89 owner's manual, thanks to Philip Shults.
- Some useful info, far from complete, to be updated as time permits.
- An incomplete list of Hawk component weights
- Some Hints, tricks, and tips, that came from Hawkgt.com list members and other places.
- Pics of the chain slack gauge.
- How to make the centerstand work with an aftermarket pipe.
- The maintainance schedule from the ownders manual. (the little book, not the shop manual)
- How to remove California emissions/smog equipment
- A Mini partsfiche that has human friendly
indexing. It doesn't have all the information you'll ever need, but
it does give some good
hints where to find things and give a general idea of where things go.
I bet you didn't know that the horn was on the "frame" page, or that
the footpegs are called "steps". With this it doesn't matter! Download the HTML version. It's much smaller (2.6 meg), and I think easier to use.
- The complete parts fiche for the HawkGT. This is a huge file, so don't
download it more than you need to. PDF format
(15.1 meg) or zip format (14.6 meg)
- Aftermarket carb slide diaphragms from JBM Industries
- Pics of some (very few) lister's bikes.
- Cam chain tensioner mod
- A handy sparkplug color chart
- Honda Hawk, the 2012 project Fuel injected 700cc Deauville engine, among other cool stuff
The HawkWorks newsletter that ran from '93 to '98 was the inspiration for this
website. I believe this is all the issues:
Complete HawkWorks archive
- CycleWorld, June 1988 PDFNew!
- Specs from June 1988 Cycle World
- Add in Motorcyclist, April 1989 jpegNew!
- Full Tilt Hawk, from Cycle, April 1989
- Motorcyclist, April 1989 PDF New!
- Bird of Prey by Kevin Cameron from Cycle, Feb. 1990 (no pictures yet, but text)
- Bird of Prey, Cycle, February 1990 full article, crappy PDF
- Cycle, February 1990 PDF
- Motorcyclist, January 1990 PDFNew!
- CycleWorld, July 1990 PDFNew!
- Going British on a Budget, by Mathew Miles from Cycle World, Sept. 1991
- Supertwins from Cycle World Aug. 1992
- Article in RiDE, staff Bikes
- Streetfighter article on the Hawk and Africa Twin, Dec. 1997 (2.1 meg pdf)
- Chicken Hawk, Chicken wings A beautiful custom Hawk
- Some specs from magazines, don't know where they came from originally.
Some dealer brochures